Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Advantages of Frequent Brownout in Oriental Mindoro


Brownout or power interruption doesn’t bring all-negative effects only. They brought positive effects as well as explained in this part of Effects of Brownout or Power Interruption in Oriental Mindoro.

 
Brownouts have brought us varying experiences as to their results and effects. I’m not sure what consequences had been brought to you with the regular and too frequent brownout incidents here in Oriental Mindoro or in your own place. But I have to share mine. Please note how it differs from yours. Never mind the solutions yet, you will have them in my other posts. 

-->
Here are the effects of frequent brownouts. I’ll start with the advantages and tackle the disadvantages prior to conclusion.

This sounds really crazy. But in fairness, brownouts had brought positive effects on my family. And they serve as well as  best practices in wise use of electricity. I’m serious.

  • It disciplines us to take early dinner. This means lesser electricity consumption from preparation to digestion in the mouth since it was done on daylight. Electricity use begins only in washing dishes at nightfall.
  •  It disciplines us to sleep early. At lights on, kids are still awake with me or my wife at 10:00 to 11:00 PM. The body requires 8 hours of sleep to be healthy. And to be able to heal itself, it must be asleep between 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM. But with regular brownout, we’re disciplined to be in bed as early as 8:00 PM with power interruption or not.
  • It disciplined us from late-night internet use. With the internet on, I’m usually awake until 12:00 midnight social networking, doing research, surfing and blogging. But the discipline that frequent brownout brought to my family gave me patience to wait until dawn to use the internet.
  • It drives us to prepare to buy an alternative source of energy. Though brownout brings some benefits. Its disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. So we decided to save to buy green energy generating equipment for alternative source of electricity. I would post article/s on Green Energy someday soon.
  • It motivates us to plan for the future shelter. We are grateful that we’re just renting a house. By the time we build one for our own, we’ll make it Eco-friendly House. Aside from being cheaper by more than 50%, it requires only a little amount of energy. Again, I felt obliged to share information in Eco-friendly structures since they have many benefits to the occupants, the environment and economy. I promise to write on this in the soonest future.

You’ve just seen and proved that I was not kidding that brownout or power interruption has positive effects or results. It made my family disciplined and healthy! I should thank the Oriental Mindoro Electric Cooperative (ORMECO) for that.


But I’m not saying that I love frequent brownout. I’m not commending ORMECO for that since it's a reflection of incompetence and a form of unreliability of service that they offer. 


We’ll examine the negative effects or Disadvantages of Frequent Brownout in Oriental Mindoro in my next post.

No comments: